Thursday, September 6, 2018

Bitch-Azz

Hi!

So I'm assembling the second 250K s.f. data center project (located directly next to the first one), and the first part was as simple as slapping the new floor plan in, bumping a few things around, and doing a 'find and replace' with the building designations.

The second part was basically the same, but since this building is tying into the head-end of the first building there will be a few pieces of equipment that appeared in the first set that will no longer be necessary in the second set.

In theory it's just a few 'minor' changes to the floor plan where that equipment is shown on building 1 - but of course, the main panel location is changing, which will require delicate care, and a bit of recalculation.

While comparing the old and new plans I noticed that below the area that is being modified there are several rooms with ceiling mounted devices missing on the new set.  My best guess is that some Architectural genius adjusted the height of the ceiling in that room causing the devices to disappear from the view.

It's the same dipshits that deleted 9K s.f. of the plan from their drawings rather than adjust a match-line to the right place though, so it's entirely possible they accidentally deleted them when they were updating their plans to the new floor plan (hell, it's entirely possible that they had to recreate the entire set of plans in the second building model - and simply left those devices off).

Hell, any number of things are 'possible' and 'probable' when it comes to working with idiots - not to mention the exponential levels of incompetence that a program like Revit allows to creep into a project.  I'm going to be keeping my eyes open for any other fuckups - if for no other reason than to make fun of their stupidity.

I mean fuck, I make mistakes all the time - I get going too fast, overlook something, get pulled off a project and forget where I left off, move something instead of copying it, click 'undo' one too many times without realizing it, etc., but 1) I only fuck up my own drawings, and 2) I generally catch those fuckups later (and they are rarely major items - many of them could easily be inferred by the people using my drawings to install from - aside from the fact that they are almost purely diagrammatical - and the installers often deviate from them anyway).

What I don't do is keep making the same stupid mistakes over and over - or force anyone else into lockstep with me.  I'm constantly reviewing and revising as I go, organizing, and cleaning to make sure things are legible, logical, and ACCURATE.

As in 'it's accurate to say that Revit, Autodesk, Revitards, and anyone else involved are a bunch of fuckwits who can go fuck themselves'.

-SK*LLF*CK

Next Time:Another One Lines Up To Get Fucked

6 comments:

  1. there's never been a bigger scam in the AEC industry

    ReplyDelete
  2. dip shit tradeschool geeks going to come and take over my industry?

    ReplyDelete
  3. how much longer before this whole thing is over

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS IS THE WORST EXAMPLE OF HOW GREED HAS FUCKED THE CONSUMER

    ReplyDelete
  5. my only hope is that autodesk greed will be there final downfall

    ReplyDelete
  6. FUCK THESE EVIL PEOPLE

    ReplyDelete