Monday, October 29, 2018

Revderps


 

Welcome to the latest edition of 'Revderps' where we look at yet another embarrasing example of a 'coordinated' set of drawings (that were sadly issued for construction)!  The winner this week is an architectural/engineering firm whose principals are apparently more concerned about adding letters after their names than with actually looking at their garbage output.

Gaze upon this glorious restroom, that through the magic of modern engineering and design, has a spare toilet wedged into the wall of an adjacent storage closet (in addition to having a pair of toilets in each stall for those times when those girls REALLY NEED TO SHIT!!!)

 

The boys room was no better - with a combination  toilet/urinal stall - I thought this was a mistake at first, but then I realized it was actually a feature for those times when you start taking a piss, think you just need to fart, but then panic and realize that you desperately need to take a shit.



Obviously these little gems were the result of the Architecture team putting their own toilets into their model, then changing the number of stalls (and the size of the bathrooms and adjacent storage rooms) and not bothering to tell anyone.  It was such a ignorant fuckup that I actually didn't even notice the receptacles dangling off in space at first.

Until I saw that, I was almost willing to give whoever the fuck did these drawings the benefit of the doubt, since we are obviously seeing what Revit exported into CAD, and it's entirely possible that it didn't actually go out like that - but now there is little doubt in my mind that this exact clusterfuck (and god knows what else) was issued as is.

Funniest of all was the Civil plan - which was still showing the original stall layouts (since they were using an outdated plan that the 'Revit Gods' never deemed to update).  Now, Civil generally doesn't give a flying fuck about stalls, numbers of toilets, etc. (but they do care about doors lining up with sidewalks, sewer/gas/water pipes lining up with service entrances, etc.).

Hilariously enough (as the Electrical Design guy who fucking hated Revit, and given the opportunity would simply export the Architectural plan and do my work in ACAD) it often fell to me to be the one to notice that the Architects (and M & P) weren't coordinating jack or shit with Civil - despite them being in the SAME FUCKING BUILDING.

I can't tell you how many times I saw wasted effort and last minute runarounds due to this lack of communication (and fucks given).  Unfortunately the people on the Civil team were rather 'civil' (ha) and wouldn't beat an Architect half to death, so it is unlikely that this will ever change.  Even if the Civil team requested a weekly plan update (which would be, just like, so hard to export from Revit guys - you don't even know...) it would almost certainly come down to those last minute changes.

If you've never watched what Civil Engineers/Designers have to put up with - trying to cram buildings, parking spaces, sidewalks, services, setbacks, easements, drainage, water detention/retention, etc. etc. onto properties that are TOO FUCKING SMALL, only to have a Revitard come through like a bull in a china shop - it's really amazing that they are able to hold it together.

On a related note, some Skullfuck fans have been commenting regarding the financial status of Autodesk - which has been shedding employees and closing offices for the last couple of years, seems to be having trouble turning a profit, despite the supposed success of its 'subscription' model (which is going, just, so well guys)



I honestly don't see them going anywhere anytime soon, but there is little doubt that they are inflating their numbers, because no company that is doing as well as they claim to be doing has to resort to the kinds of layoffs that they have had to.  There's also no doubt that they took the big-ass corporate tax-break and bought back at least some of their own stock (as most other corporations have done).

The only thing that will 'trickle down' is shittier and shittier software.

And that's why we say 'Fuck Autodesk', 'Fuck Revit', and if you don't like it 'FUCK YOU!'

-kSkullfuc

Next Time:Cap'n Crock

6 comments:

  1. I commented the other day and I do it again because Im just fucking pissed. Yesterday, once again we had a client wanting to have a 3D scan of his lathe foundation. We arrived took the hundreds of photos and then back to the office were we start with the bullshit i have to take almost every week when ReCap wants to throw a fit and get an error or this shit third world internet craps out.

    After 2 hours of uploading the fucking router decides to update itself or something i don't care right now (I just know it fucked me up the whole day) and boom I get an error message because the IP address changed autoshit's servers cant connect properly. So Instead of starting again with this crap program I take the plunge and purchase another software with my own money so I can fulfill deadlines but this time it has permanent licence and local processing (actually only ReCap uses remote procesing, what a sad piece of shit)

    So after finally making that shit work i did the job as usual. After job i tried the new program, ( i had used it before i just wasn't sure how it was going to integrate to my workflow) I was fearful that in a rage impulse i just wasted money, turns out it took about the same time! I just need to learn well, it computes slower but i don't have to upload shit.

    Some moments ago I searched on Autorectum forums out of morbid curiosity and lo and behold is all full of complaints, in fact I kinda get a kick of it because now in some way I feel I'm no longer Autoshit's dick-socket well at least I'm not at its mercy anymore and also because they are drowning in frustrated people filling the forum with questions about errors and complaining even more features will be removed. You know, they are removing a very important feature for a photogrammetry software, point cloud to mesh conversion, what the fuck!?!? It doesn't affect me much now, but really? I wonder whats worse Revit or Recap (I havent used revit so i cant say) but i can tell you all you rants feel appropriate for this piece of tumorgenic fucking software. Just read a bit of the forum, is such a mess you might rejoice in the suffering of some cock-sockets, i did even though my eye its still bleeding. Now i am an absolute skullfvck follower.

    FUCK AUTODESK, FUCK RECAP, FUCK ALL THE IDIOTS WHO THINK RECAP IS SOMETHING TO WORK WITH AND FUCK REVIT TOO.

    https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/recap-forum/bd-p/451

    Gentlemen have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for escaping the dumbfuck grasp of Auto-Dickless - I can't imagine anyone still giving those asshats a single penny at this point.

    I spent a little time perusing the hilariously named 'Autodesk Knowledge Network' (more like Circle Jerk of Epic Proportions). I'll have to spend a little time giving the treatment it so desperately deserves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Out of curiosity - is the other software package you purchased 3DF Zephyr, or another competitor?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings, the software I got was Agisoft photoscan, it was the standard licence. The pro versions offer everything i need but Im not spending $3.5k of my money just to scan a lathe foundation, specially when part of the profit goes to the company and not me.
    Time will tell if I upgrade to the pro version or if I go to 3DF Zephyr.
    I chose photo scan over Zephyr mostly because the standard version doesn't have image limit (500 for Zephyr). The higher automation of Zephyr seems attractive to save time but Im not very thrusting on a computer doing everything for me to later find out it fucked up.

    I hope in the close future after autoshit kills ReCap (im sure it will happen after the latest feature removal) my firm gives us something better. If everything fails at least now I have photogrammetry software of my own to fuck with, maybe I will scan my ballsack and send the model to autodesk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I googled 'Autodesk Licks Balls' and this was the first result: https://revitsucksballs.blogspot.com/

    I don't know how I haven't run across this before - I'll have to read and do a write-up for my next post...

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol - I went back to his first post and its a link to my site - I think he might've posted here before...

    ReplyDelete