Wednesday, August 29, 2012

2013

Just today I was upgraded to the 2013 versions of ACAD MEP and Revit (which is apparently now a 'design suite' - I guess that makes sense...). 

While I always save my settings in case of a crash, I almost never import them - but thanks to having just set up ACAD 2012 on my new computer a few weeks ago, I had it 100% ready to rock in about 10-15 minutes (the only mistake I made when setting up the QAT was having 'extend' and 'trim'  backwards, which made me do a doubletake for a second the first time I did it.  A handful of other settings were easy to fix - getting a BLACK background (not washed out gray), right click as enter (all the time), up arrow displaying snaps instead of previous coordinates, turned off the 'ribbon', etc.

I will tackle Revit in the morning, which (if I am not mistaken) should FINALLY have the ability to modify the 'ribbon' so that I can at least get 'M' and 'P' crap out of my way (although I'm *this* close to eliminating any dependence on the ribbon through the use of keyboard shortcuts and the QAT).  I don't know if I can turn it off, but there is supposed to be a way to revert it back to pre-ribbon (I may or may not fuck with that - especially if I am able to modify the 'ribbon' to my liking (it's going to be minimized 99% of the time though).

It will take a few minutes to set up all of my Revit keyboard shortcuts again (I still don't understand why so many aren't set to anything by default...), but I have a list of the most important ones (it also helps that I can still access the 2012 releases of both programs if I need to see how I had something set).

I'm not holdng out any hope that this ths release of Revit will be any kind of noticeable improvement though.  Autodesk has already done what it set out to do - fuck over everybody.  In the meantime I'll keep cranking out jobs in ACAD, make tons of money for my firm, and laugh at all of the losers who get to spend all day with their dicks in their hands attempting to Revit.

It really would be funny if it weren't for the fact that I carry these idiots on most jobs - with any profits being eaten up by the time it takes them to model endlessly and pointlessly.  Seriously - fuck Autodesk, fuck Revit, and fuck these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment